The majority of the community centers are reopening on September 8 with new processes and safety measures. Read about what we’re doing to help us all stay safe while playing, creating, and learning.
COVID-19 safety measures
To encourage physical distancing and keep everyone safe, we are:
- Adding extensive signage to educate patrons on new processes, procedures, and safety measures
- Training staff on new safety protocols
- Screening staff daily for their health
- Sanitizing rooms and shared spaces
- Staggering programs to reduce the number of people in a space at any given time
General safety practices
Stay home if you are sick. By entering our facilities, you are declaring that you are in good health.
- Masks are optional at this time and are encouraged.
- Respect and follow staff directions, queuing procedures, and posted signage at all times.
- Maintain 2 meters distance or more from others at all times.
- The center will have designated entrances and exits with a one-way flow of traffic.
- Not all traditional entrances and exits will be available.
- Look for signage on walls and floors.
October registration starting Oct the 7 onwards! More programs coming so stay tuned
Programs require advance registration and payment. There may be limited space available for drop-ins.
Contact us for details/registration via the phone at 604-257-8680 , online, or in-person.
Plan your visit
What you need to know before you arrive:
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your registered program or activity time.
- Arrive ready for your program.
- Change rooms and showers will not be available.
- Facilities are not open for casual use.
- Leave the building as soon as your program ends.
- Be prepared to answer a health screening questionnaire at the start of your program.
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle.
- Water fountains may not be available.
- Leave your valuables at home.
- Lockers will not be available.
- Accessibility needs may vary at this time – check with us for details
We will not be producing traditional recreation guides. Check our programs page and the Parks board registration system often to see what is available and to register.
Contact us for refunds via phone at 604-257-8680, email email@example.com, or in-person.
If you do not show up for your session, there will be no refund. If you arrive after the start time of your session:
- Your space could be sold to a drop-in customer. If the session is full, you will not be given admission and will not get a refund.
- If the session is not full, you may be permitted entry; ask staff for instructions.
Visiting Hillcrest Community Center
When you arrive, here’s what to expect:
- Reduced capacity and program changes to allow for physical distancing.
- More time between sessions for advanced cleaning.
- Reduced washroom capacities.
- Keep your washroom visits brief.
- Saunas, steam rooms, and whirlpools are closed.
- Equipment supply and requirements will vary.
- Rentals are not available at this time.