ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS PROGRAM.
Park Board Pride: Queer Circus Drop-In provides a safe space for 2SLGBTQIA+ folks of all ages to move their bodies and make new friends and community connections through this intergenerational playtime.
- Join us at Hillcrest to hoop, juggle, spin, twirl, flow, and play in an accessible, body positive environment.
- No experience required, beginners welcome!
- We provide hoops, juggling balls and clubs, poi, diabolo and more. Feel free to bring your own toys and props (note: no fire props, even with covers)
- Drop-ins will be supervised by Queer Inclusion staff, who have various levels of skill with circus props so some instruction or guidance is available.
- Please do not wear scents (perfume, cologne, body lotion, clothing with scented residue).
- The space is large, bright, and echoing.
- We will not play music, please use earphones if you are playing music.
- The space is accessed by stairs or elevator.
- Nearby washrooms include a single user stall along with binary options (gender diverse people welcome)
Park Board Pride: Queer Circus Drop-In is open to participants of any age who identify as part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, and their family members or friends. Youth and adults are welcome to attend solo. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person (babysitter, parent, guardian). This program is specifically welcoming to Two Spirit, trans, and gender diverse people.
See more 2SLGBTQIA+ programs for all ages by searching “Park Board Pride” in Activenet and visiting vancouver.ca/park-board-pride